Friday, July 1, 2011

Swim Lessons Layout

I just discovered the blog for Pagemaps. (Maybe a little late, but I'm glad I discovered it!)  Becky Fleck is the designer of the page maps and blog. She has some really great stuff on there! Also, she just happened to have a Best Creations Sketch Contest. I loved the layout and had some pictures on my desk for I don't know how long that I NEEDED to get on a page! Here is the sketch for the contest:


Since these were of Karli's first swim lessons, I knew I didn't want to use birds, but I could use fish. I went to my all-time favorite cartridge (Create a Critter) and decided to use, not only the fish, but the whale and the darling sea horses. Here is my creation based on Becky's sketch:


I can never just do one page because I think a layout consists of two pages that share a common interest. I just so happened to have a 5x7 of Marcus's favorite picture (that he took himself) of Karli at swim lessons. I used a cute mat from Once Upon a Princess and added an extra fish and a momma sea horse with her two baby sea horses. Here is the other side of the layout:


And here is the completed DOUBLE layout together.....journaling and all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I love reading your comments!