Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Graduation Cards

So, I'm a little late on making my graduation cards, but they are now done!! I am sure the kids will appreciate a little extra $$ even though it's been a month since graduation. Both cards are the Z Fold cards which were super simple to make. I just cut 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock in half, folded it in half and then folded the front flap back in half again. On both cards I used My Pink Stamper's Happy Graduation Stamp from the Happiest Moments stamp line.


For the Hello Kitty card I used Hello Kitty Greetings and usedthis weeks Peachy Keen Challenge as my inspiration. I cut Kitty at 5 1/2 inches (it may have been only 5). I added the silver paper cut at 1/4 inches smaller. I used the Martha Stewart Bubble Punch on the inside silver paper and added a silver ribbon to the front flap. There is a pocket behind the Hello Kitty to hold the money. Of course I added a little stickles for some sparkle and called it done!


For the second card, I went with a simpler approach. I cuttlebugged the top part of the card using the stars and inked them. I used the Wild Card graduation cap card for the front but cut off one side of the card so it was no longer a card. (Did that make any  sense at all?!) I used Tags Bags Boxes and More for the tag on the front and stamped Congratulations from the same stamp line mentioned above. I attached the tag with brads. On the inside I cut the round star shape using the icon function of the graduation cap card and added the phrase function that reads Class of. For the inside I made a simple pocket to hold money using Tags Bags Boxes and More. Since this card is for a young man, I left off stickles! :)

5 comments:

  1. Such cute cards! Love the HK one i'm a big fan of Hello Kitty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute cards, especially the HK

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both fantastic and would be a treat to receive. The black behind HK makes her really stand out and look bright. =) J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these cards are perfect!! The colors and the design...everything! Great job. I just adore Hello Kitty.
    Thanks for playing along with us over at Peachy Keen Stamps. Good luck winning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your cards are wonderful! Thanks for joining the PK challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I love reading your comments!