Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Wedding Tri-Fold Card

It's not real often that my hubby, Marcus asks me to make a special card for someone. So, when he asked me to make a wedding card for a co-worker I knew just the cartridge to use.....Sweethearts!! I love the look of Tri-fold cards so I went to creating a special card for the bride and groom.  I used the same color pink that was on their invitations, black cardstock and shiny silver cardstock for this beautiful card. I used the blackout feature to cut out the bride and groom. The groom was cut at a height of 5 inches and the bride at 4 1/2. I did have to change the width on my Gypsy to get her and her bouquet to fit properly on the back section. I used a few more icon cuts from this cartridge including the rings, a gift, the hearts and the words Love and Mr. & Mrs . I made a pocket from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More to hold the gift card. I used My Pink Stamper stamps for the Congratulations and On Your Wedding Day. Pop dots were used to add dimension to the word Love, the bow on the gift and the wedding rings. Of course I had to add diamond stickles for a little bling on the diamond ring. I also added pink stickles to make flowers on the bride's bouquet and diamond stickles for the ribbon hanging down.  I used a white jelly pen to add our sentiment and names. TFL!!



Directions for a Tri-Fold Card

1.  Cut a 12x12 piece of card stock in half.
2.  Score at 2", 4", 8" and 10".
3. With a paper trimmer, place paper at 1 1/2 and cut from the 2" to the 10" score lines.
4.  Flip your paper and do the same on the other side.
5. Follow the picture below for the folding.....not sure how to explain it in a way that people can understand! :)


6.  I cut all my top paper 1/4 inches smaller than each section I am putting on the base.

I hope that is clear enough for everyone that wanted to know how to make a tri-fold card. It's really not as difficult as it looks. Once you make one, you will be hooked!

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty. This is o nmy list of folds to try. I have this week to get it down. Where are the best directions or can you give me a few quick and easy tips?

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations
    coachfans at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! Thanks for Joining Meriah and I for this weeks CCCC!

    Happy Crafting!
    Paula
    Morethanfavors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I seriously love this card! It turned out amazing! For some reason all those folds get me so nervous but I would love to try a card like this!

    Thank you for following my blog. I am now following you! Cute cute blog and projects!

    Crafty Starkie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card!! I've been wanting to try a card like this sometime - thanks for the instructions!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Pedro is an incredibly knowledgeable Loan Officer, courteous, and patient. I went through a couple of offers on properties before my final purchase, and Pedro was there to help with each one, often coordinating with my agent behind the scenes. I felt supported throughout the entire process. Thanks to Pedro and the tireless efforts of his team, I am now a proud homeowner! I would encourage you to consider Pedro and his loan company for any kind of loan.

    # Car loan

    # Home loan

    # Business loan

    # Personal loan


    Mr, Pedro Loan Offer

    Email- pedroloanss@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I love reading your comments!