Saturday, August 21, 2010

Shopping at Tulsa's Creating Keepsakes Convention!!

Today I got to go to the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Tulsa!! I had no idea what to expect since I had never been to a scrapbook convention before. OH MY! Major sensory overload!! I had no idea where to start or what to look for. My first stop was Eyelet Outlet & Brads. I found some cute flip flop brads, tropical drink brads, and some button brads for $1.00 each! I got some Stickles priced 6 for $10.00 and some paper. I did not need anymore paper, but for $2.00 for each pack, I was sold. I got 3 stacks and a pack of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock. Then I found what I think was the deal of the day! I found some paper that were cut into different shapes. There were 2 sizes of flowers, a giant tag, a circle, a star, 2 styles of scallops and 2 styles of zig zag edged paper as well as 10 sheets of 12x12 whole sheets that were the same colors. When I got home and opened it up, there were 10 different colors for each shape!! That is 100 sheets for $7.00!! We did hit the mother-load at 2 of the dollar vendors. One is Dollar Scrapbooking and the other was Scrapbuck. I found LOTS of bling, some great gel pens, felt flowers, paper flowers, cute halloween stickers, some more brads and then some board books. The "girl" board book was $1.50 and the "princess" and "baby" were $3.00 buy one get one free!! I also signed up for monthly layouts at Treasure Box. I thought 6 pages for $21.00 wasn't bad at all. Let's just see how long I can keep up since I will get a kit each month! Check out all my pictures of what I brought home from my Tulsa trip.......

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You sure did get some great stuff. Be sure to post all those wonderful projects when you complete them. I haven't been to a scrapbook convention before, but I am waiting for one close to home.

    Have fun making all those projects.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I love reading your comments!