Saturday, August 7, 2010

Birthday Gift & My Sheri Crafts Challenge

We have a birthday party for our neighbor, Brittany, today. She is turning 11 and I wanted to make her something special because she is so sweet. At first I made her an altered initial to hang in her room. I added some flowers, some bling, and the saying Peace Love Brittany! She loves peace signs so I found the perfect paper from Hobby Lobby. My friend, Robyn, suggested I do an altered journal. I found composition books on sale at Walmart for 25 cents and stocked up for later projects. I used my Create A Critter cartridge for the butterflies and ladybug. For her name I used a frame from Storybook and welded her name inside. I also thought I could do a binder for her to take to school since we start back next week. I used the same peace paper and covered the front and back. Her name is cut out from Cuttin' Up, the flowers are from Sweet Treats and the winged heart came from Hello Kitty Greetings. I came across a pen set that would go perfectly with the peace sign paper which inpired the paper selection for her composition book. For her gift bag I used Sweet Treats. I am excited for her to open her gifts and am sure she will love it!
It just so happens Sheri at My Sheri Crafts is having a Back to School Challenge on her blog. So this will be submitted on her blog for her challenge! The winner will get a $25 gift certificate and Lord knows I love to spend that money on craft supplies, so wish me luck!!

10 comments:

  1. VERY pretty! I love the colors! :)

    Terrie B.
    crafteecards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just perfect for a girl that age! My dau is 17 and a senior this year and wants me to do her books!

    These kids think they invented the peace sign-ha-I graduated in 1969--the year of woodstock! We invented the peace sign--groovy!
    Hugs,
    Storylady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute projects! Thanks for joining us this week at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome, so vibrant and bold...perfect for her age...she will love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great! The colors are fabulous! Excellent gift! Thanks for sharing with us at myshericrafts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are super creative! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lucky girl! My daughter (she is 12) would love to receive all these too. Those peace signs are perfect.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are as fun as your blog background! :) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, leaving some love, and good luck in the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been into altering journals lately and yours are just so cute! LOVE the dimensions

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another Brilliant JOB !
    How do you do this ?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I love reading your comments!