Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Zoo was a ZOO!



So I took Karli to the zoo today.

It was a MAD HOUSE! People were having to park at Remington Park and that lot looked like it was soon to be filled. So I decided I was going to tell Karli that the zoo was closed today and we would come back another day. I headed back south on the highway to only look back to see Karli with her bottom lip out and tears streaming down her face. She wanted to go to the zoo! She had told me last night and this morning that she wanted to see the lions, zebras, giraffes and pigs. (I didn't think there would be pigs there, but I was wrong.)

So I took Karli to the zoo today.

I turned the car around and parked in a church parking lot across the street from the science museum. Thankfully, we didn't have to wait in line to buy our ticket because they had workers taking cash all around the entrance. We didn't have to wait too long to go through the entrance, but we did have to wait and wait and wait in the newly opened Children's Zoo! We waited nearly an hour to see the "Barnyard" animals which was the petting area. NOT WORTH IT! Karli did get to feed a goat and pet Roger, the rabbit. Then the only things left in that section were 2 donkeys, 2 PIGS and some chickens. I wanted to take her to see the Lorikeets, but the line was too long and I was not going to do that again. The highlight of the Children's Zoo was watching the Spider monkeys. They put on a show for us. After leaving the Children's Zoo we headed toward the giraffes. I wanted to see the baby giraffe that was just born in January. He (or she...I don't know) was adorable! We did get to see some zebras in the distance, but the lions were no where to be seen. I did a lot of walking and waiting in those 3 hours of being at the zoo, but it sure was worth it to see Karli so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I love reading your comments!