Thursday, March 25, 2010

Week of ANNIVERSARY & Marcus's Birthday!!

On Tuesday, March 23 Marcus and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary. Now days that is some accomplishment! I have always said, marriage is hard work. There have been our fair share of trials and tribulations in these 14 years, a lot of compromises with a great deal of LOVE! Last weekend we started off by going on a date to see Alice In Wonderland in 3-D (see last post) and then Tuesday evening we tried a new-to-us resaurant in Norman called Tarahumara's. It was delicious!! A place we will visit again!

Those who don't know the story of how we met then here it is: Marcus and I met in January of 1992 at a cheerleading/tumbling gym called Rah-some. He worked there and I decided to start preparing for upcoming college tryouts. It's funny how I remember exactly what I was wearing and even our conversation when I first went to the office to talk to the owner, whom I already knew. Marcus was in a long-term relationship as was I at the time. We started "flirting" with eachother not long after I started classes. My boyfriend at the time thought the only reason why I went to tumbling is to see Marcus, but at that time that wasn't the case! In March, my friends and I planned a spring break trip to Padre Island. I was told by my boyfriend if I went I wouldn't have a boyfriend when I returned. So, I decided to try to talk Marcus into meeting us there at Padre......and he did! After spring break we were dating, but not exclusively. In April, we went on our first official date (with another couple)to the Shriner's Circus. From there, it just progressed and progressed to a serious relationship. Marcus proposed to me at Spaghetti Warehouse on October 3, 1995. We were married just 5 1/2 months later!

So fast forward to March 24, 2010.....MARCUS TURNS 40!! I secretly planned for a small gathering of close buddies to help surprise him for his 40th birthday. The Monday before, I called, emailed and sent messages via facebook to about a dozen of his friends asking them to come over for a couple of hours to help me celebrate this milestone in his life. The funny thing was, he was not in a good mood after he got off work! He was plain GRUMPY!!! I was working in fast forward trying to clean up the house and get dinner together before 7:00 (my expected arrival time of the guys). He questioned me why I was scrambling around like I was, but I just ignored him and went on. His co-worker was the first to show up and Marcus was shocked to see him. Next came an old friend on his Harley that didn't seem unusual with him "stopping by" while out on his bike. But then when the next 2 guys walked up the drive way he realized they were all there for one reason......his birthday! A total of 9 guys showed up that evening. They enjoyed sharing old stories and hearing about what was going on in everyone's life now. Marcus felt special, just as he should! As the last person drove away, he couldn't wipe the smile off of his face if he had wanted too!

Good times, good times!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I love reading your comments!