Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fun Birthday Cards

On Labor Day, my husband's family gathered to celebrate 2 birthdays. My niece, Angela, turned 16 and my sister-in-law, Stacy, turned 36. I whipped out a couple of cards for them in about 30 minutes! I had such a fun time making these cards since they were so perfectly suited for them. I first started making the zebra print tri-fold card for Stacy, but remembered the cute zebra in a car on the Paisley cartridge. I quickly "changed gears" (lol with my pun) and made it for Angela. I used Create a Critter for the word Sweet and used Sweet Treats for 16. I embellished with a flower, rhinestones, and some stickles and this is how it turned out! Don't you just love it!?


I remembered how much Stacy loves owls and it just so happened that the Paisley cartridge had a really cute one. This card was super easy to put together and I added a MPS stamp from Punnylicious. Instead of using the cut out flower on the wing I used a Prima flower with a little bling for the center and some googly eyes!



These two cards might just be my favorite ones yet!! They make me smile and I LOVE THEM!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I agree. My fav sooo far. r u posting on facebook when you make a new blog post? I am missing out . . . lol : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sympathy cards are so difficult, but in this case it is obvious you put a lot of love into the card for the person you intend it. The joy-fold is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Fantabulous Cricut!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I love reading your comments!